About Your Dog Training Instructor
Your instructor is Susan Bernhart, who is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT), and widely recognized as a leading dog trainer in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa. To achieve CPDT status, Susan has met the following requirements:
- A minimum of 300 hours experience in dog training during the past 3 years (she actually has more than 15,000 since she began!).
- Provided a signed attestation statement from a CCPDT (Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers) certificant or veterinarian.
- Has passed a comprehensive CPDT-KA administered examination demonstrating a broad range of comprehensive knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique, and instruction (nearly 30 textbooks, DVD’s, and many seminars).
- Signed the CCPDT Code of Ethics.
- Required Continuing Education to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the science of dog training and behavior.
Susan’s experience in dog agility in unsurpassed in this region, gaining her national recognition. She has run her toy poodles in agility for more than 15 years and won the top performing “Top Dog in Poodles” in AKC agility for 2011– MACH 14 Ninja- over ALL poodle sizes in the U.S.A. Also in 2011, Ninja was ranked at #11 in AKC MACH-Master Agility Champion competition over all dogs and sizes competing that year. Beside competing nationally at many events, her dogs qualified repeatedly for the prestigious AKC Invitational. Only the top 5 of breed get invited to this “super bowl” of agility competition.
Susan has competed in multiple national events in North Carolina, Florida, California and 2014 in Harrisburg, PA as well as in the 8 state area surrounding Minnesota. She has taught agility for more than 15 years.
She has owned and trained German Shepherds and Poodles. In Agility classes, she has trained Australian Shepherds, Goldens, Labs, Doodles, Irish Water Spaniels, German Shorthair Pointers, German Shepherds, Vizslas, Boxers, Shelties, Cockers, Min Pins, Shih Tzus, Beagles, King Charles Cavalier Spaniels, Dachshunds, Border Collies, Papillons, Bichons, Boston Terriers, Pugs, Jack Russell terriers, and many, many mixtures.
In all, she has trained more than 1,700 dogs of all breeds.